Musings At Dream Cottage

A Place To Be At Home

Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Weekend Project

How about making a book wreath? This one was a fun project for me, once my Mom saw mine she had to have one too!
I began by making my own form with hangers, floral wire and gorilla glue! Or you can by a metal one at a craft store but the urge to create hit me when it was to late to run to the store!
I had a old book of fiction that I thought I could put to better use, you curl the pages making sure to make each cone similar in shape ( I used thick craft glue) when you have about 45 cones you hot glue one row to the form and then the next on top. My finished product didn't really look like a wreath since the hole in the middle was so small so mine became a flower once we crinkled up a page and placed it in the middle.
 

We first tried it on a bedroom door, it needed more contrast.


Here it is in it's final resting place, you might recognize the silhouettes from earlier.

Have a blessed weekend.
The Keeper


No comments:

Post a Comment