Musings At Dream Cottage

A Place To Be At Home

Thursday, October 13, 2011

He said "Go Ahead" And I said "REALLY?"


Yep, my honey gave me the go head to paint my ancient pine cupboards. I'm so thrilled.
When we moved into this house I intended to do it then... but you know how that goes and so 7 years later and I'm ready.( Oops we just got a card from our realtor congratulating us on 8yrs, my how time flies!)

Begin small and clean a cupboard for inspiration!
(He said he knew what was coming when I started this project!)

This makes me feel good every time I open it!

Wow these need help!!!
I sanded these with 100 grit, Then primed them with Zinsser


Time out for Tea :)

Not a great Picture but here they are!
The black dog looks good with the hardware!
Old hymnal pages mode podged to the bottom of the drawers, I love how this feels. All glossy and clean.
Something pretty from a walk with Granny while Mommy painted!
I'm hoping to paint the rest of the cupboards white, I just wanted a hint of happy yellow in the kitchen. Once I prime them I'll know if it'll look good that way or if I need to keep with the yellow theme.
Well, it's taken me about two hours to upload and reshuffle all these pictures, tuck three children in bed, pat down the pizza dough for it's second rising and battle this cat hair in my eye!!! Hope you are having a great evening and enjoy seeing our "fun" here at Dream Cottage!
Sincerely,
The Keeper


4 comments:

  1. Kim...they are beautiful!!!! Great job...and that's coming from a painter's wife!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! Can't wait to see a picture of the whole room when you've finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not know you had a blog spot!!! And I love the yellow cabinets! And you can tell Zach we're finally signed up for Skype :) It's nice to see the pics of the family. See you later on FB and your bloodspot, blessings! BTW, this is Nancy from Indianer~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Refreshing look! AND, I love the hymnal-pages as paper in the bottoms of the drawers! May have to borrow that idea one of these days ...
    ~ Susie

    ReplyDelete