Musings At Dream Cottage

A Place To Be At Home

Friday, December 30, 2011

Here it Comes...

 I've so enjoyed our time off, from school and the normal "routine" of life. I've even had the most wonderful two days with absolutely no depressed thoughts, I've even found myself goofing off with my kids!!!
 So why this morning am I feeling crunched again? School starts again Monday (or Tuesday...) and I'm coming under the pressure once again. I've tried to evaluate why yesterday and the day before were so great, 1. I was free to catch up on my crafts. 2. No pressure to hurry and get anything done. 3. I have had plenty of sleep :). 4. I even had devotions the last two mornings. So... why can't I keep things in perspective during the school weeks too? I'm old enough to know better but I let the system get to me. You see I've never wanted to home school like we were "in" school. I want my home to be a place of learning and yes there are times to hit the books but I'm feeling more and more like it's all hard work and no play.
 My New Years resolution to pray and ask God to help me think outside the pressure and be a happy Mummer!!!

Wouldn't you want to enjoy this family too!


1 comment:

  1. I can relate to your feelings of how challenging and complicated it can be to keep all the home/school/work/play things in balance ... Praying for you as you start your year ...

    ReplyDelete